Big Brother Canada has only been on TV for the past 7 years, but it’s spawned 7 seasons, over 200 episode’s, 79 houseguests, 496 days total days spent in the house, and 8 winners.
- Big Brother Canada was officially announced for commission on specialty network Slice on May 31st, 2012.
- Casting officially opens for the first season in August 2012 with the same casting director from Big
- House Construction Begins In September
First group of houseguest’s move into the first ever Big Brother Canada House
- On January 21st, 2013 Arisa Cox was announced as the first ever host for Big Brother Canada
- First set of Houseguest;s were revealed on Feb 20th
- House Pictures were posted on Feb 22nd
- Big Brother Canada Premieres on Feb 27th on Slice
- Big Brother Canada Spin-Off BBCAN AfterDark airs weeknights beginning on February 28th
- Marsha The Moose was introduced on Day 32
- On Day 54 Dan Gheesling winner of Big Brother season 10 in the USA entered the house for a sleepover
- On May 2nd in a controversial vote Jillian MacLaughlin was named the winner of Big Brother Canada season 1
- Season 2 officially commissioned on June 5th during the Shaw Upfronts
- More than 2.7 million Canadians tuned in to the show weekly!
Big Brother Canada new spin-off premieres “Big Brother Canada SideShow”
- On January 21st, the new season was giving a premiere date alongside the reveal of new spin-off called “Big Brother Canada Side Show”, and returning spin-off “BBAfterDark”
- Big Brother Canada took to there social media pages on January 31st, and confirm they are building a new set for BBCAN2
- Season 2 Premieres on March 5th, with a new twist introducing 3 secret houseguest’s who will live in a secret room inside the house
- March 6th the Big Brother Canada SideShow begins
- This season also introduced the fan meter where the public could impact parts of the game based on their interaction with the website
- On day Day 27 Ika Wong was giving a choice; She could either take $5000 dollars or give her fellow houseguests a letter from home. (Watch)
- On May 8th, Jon Pardy from Newfoundland won the season
- June 4th it was announced the Big Brother Canada would return for season 3 on the main network Global TV which premiere season premieres airing on the network
Show moves from specialty network Slice to main network Global TV
- Premiere Date is announced on January 19th with announcement of a spin-offs Side Show returning in new 1-hour format, and Afterdark returning
- BBCAN3 begins on March 23rd with a steampunk theme
- First ever Triple Eviction occurs on Day 49
- This season also revealed a new twist that the final 3 houseguest’s had to decide which one the 9 fellow evictees jury votes they had to elimate.
- On May 27th Sarah Hanlon is named the season 3 winner
- Once again Big Brother Canada was announced for a season 4 in June 2015 during the annual Shaw Upfronts
Stay tuned for part 2 coming out tomorrow for brief season summarys on season’s 4-7